The peninsula Pelion is located 219 km southern of Thessaloniki, the distance to Athens is around 317 km. To get the experience and beauty of Pelion, we recommend to rent
a car. http://www.autounion.gr/
Volos is the next Town and only 18 km away, it's a lively town with a lot of shops, harbor and a international airport. The port of Volos is also very active with daily schedules to the islands of the Sporades: Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos.
Kala Nera is a small village just next to the sea with a nice sandy beach and a long promenade to enjoy your evening walks, drink a coffee or have something to eat. Old Eucalyptus- and Plane-trees border the beach and complete the picture.
Here you will enjoy lingering around, taking a taste of the Greek way of life or just watching the sea. You also have grocery-shopping and recreational possibilities as well as many taverns and cafes. The village lies approximately 18 km from Volos on the inner side of the gulf. From this point every Pelion destination is within reach.
Although there are regular bus connections we strongly suggest moving around by car.
Is the perfect location to explore the Mount Pelion, by foot, by car or by boat to the Islands Sporades. Kala Nera is surrounded from olive groves and pear-tree yards with directly entry to the Gulf of Pagasitikos, ideal location for families, nature lovers an oasis of calm. It belongs to the villages, who can bewitch all seasons their visitors. - flat beaches - framed of shady plane trees - crystal blue water, that invite you for a swim. Other possible activities could be hiking, water sport or fishing. All these things offers you Kala Nera.
Airport & Bus Station
Please notice: No airport pick up service.
Volos/Anchialos: 22 km
Website: Check current arrivals/departures & airlines Volos Airport..
Airport Shuttle-Bus KTEL: website KTEL...
Taxi "O Kostas": +30 69 89906 500 (65-75€) from Volos airport to our "Platanofylla Studios & Apartments"
- Thessaloniki/Macedonia: 219 km away by car ca. 2 1/2 hours. Thessaloniki offers mostly the cheapest flights.
- Athens/Eleutherios Venizelos: 317 km 3 1/2 hours away by car . The famous international airport of Greece.
- Island Skiathos/Airport Skiathos: Further with the Flying Dolphin to Volos ca. 80 minutes.
Car - Ferry Italy - Greece:
A trip by ferry boat is already a bit of holiday.
- From Ancona/Venetia - Patras/Igoumenitsa
- Period of time Ancona - Igoumenitsa 15 hours, Ancona - Patras 20 hours.
- But there are some more opportunities available. For early vacation you always get interesting offers! -
- From Igoumenitsa you have two possibilities: Drive up the Katarapass, drive past at the famous Meteoric-monastery or you take the highway A1/E 75 to Thessaloniki, before Thessaloniki turn the highway to Athens. In four relaxed hours you will be at Kala Nera.
- From Patras above Rio-Antirio and Delphi to Volos. The lengths of the trips are the same.